Primary Health Care Ltd
Primary Health Care Ltd is a not-for-profit company and is owned by Pinnacle Incorporated. It was set up by Pinnacle to support and build a sustainable general practice network through ownership.
Primary Health Care Ltd:
- Owns and operates general practice businesses in a financially sustainable business model
- Develops and proves operating models for general practice that address the challenges of sustainability, including the increasing health burden of the population, the requirement for greater integration with other health care providers and the anticipated shortage of clinical staff
- Trials and proves new tools and initiatives developed by the network for practices.
- Supports the roll out of the network's model of care and other key initiatives
- Provides options for general practices that are at risk of collapse or closure that would otherwise leave local communities without a viable primary care service.
At of 31 March 2012, PHCL owns general practices operating in the following locations:
Waihi Beach Medical Centre acquired March 2006
Tokoroa Primary Care acquired April 2008
Medicentre and Caldwell & Simpson acquired 1 December 2010
Grandview Medical Centre July 2008
Northcare Medical Centre, Pukete and Thomas Road acquired October 2008
Avon Medical Centre acquired 1 September 2010